Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mixing Colors - Part 1

Hello again from the the other half of Toaster Oven Art.

I love color.  My wardrobe is full of bright colors.  I am also known for the wonderful color combinations I put together in my beadwork.  I have enough tubes of seed beads to open a store.

I am blessed with an innate sense of color.

So I wondered if you mix powder coating powders together will you create a third color, or lighter color. So I decided to experiment.


Here is the resulting powder mix.
  


Green 
More specifically lime or chartreuse are favorites.  When we first started to experiment last summer, we started with primary colors.


So I mixed one part  Signal Green and one part Traffic Yellow. 



 



As you can see in the resulting close-up of the cured powder coated pieces, the powders don't blend to create a lighter color, but lay next to each other creating an illusion of a lighter color.


More posts on custom colors coming soon!

Remember, keep your oven door closed.  A & J





No comments:

Post a Comment